Sunday 15 July 2012

Letter #8

Dear Erica,
Last Sunday was the moment of truth. Flying home alone. 7 am waking up in the morning, slept in my clothes, gotta get outside. Ok, enough of that... I got into this van that drove me and a few other kids to the airport where I was dropped off (with Ross) at my terminal. I felt like such a dummy walking in holding some papers and tapping on the self check-in kiosk and trying to do something. I had to go to one of the airport people so she could help me figure it out. She gave me that look that said, "honey, you clearly have no idea what you are doing and are perhaps too young to be traveling alone. DIMWIT!" Maybe not the last part, but it felt like it. I checked our bags (and received the same look and the same "How old are you??") I made it to the gate though! All by myself! (sort of...I had Ross. But still!) I was so proud of myself! (I think this was the moment when I called you and told you this already, but you know what? You can hear it again.) I got on the plane and WALKED onto it from the ground. It was SOOOOO cool. I asked a lady to take a picture of us but my phone HAD to be a stupid dumb butt and not save the photo. STUPID PHONE!!!! I got home and made to baggage claim and claimed my baggage. (Sigh, I'm just so independent!) I took a nap when I got home and that nap was from 4pm until 10:30 pm. Then I ate dinner, and fell back asleep at like midnight and slept until 12. Monday I didn't do anything, just TOOK A NAP AGAIN. Man, I was just snoozing all over the place. I vid chatted with my roomies that night because I missed them already. It was so cutsies! Tuesday I started Summer in the City with D-bomb and we painted a building and got yelled at periodically for doing nothing. I know, I'm a troublemaker like that. RMTTY: Heath, peed on books. No no, Heath did not pee on the books, those are 2 completely different topics. Wednesday I slept in and didn't do much else the rest of the day. Thursday I went back to summer in the city and hung out with some kids at this school and they were SOOOO cute. I made a bff and took a picture with him. We bonded over Spongebob. See, there was a lady there talking about nutrition and she asked the kids if they had ever eaten pineapple. One of the kids asked what pineapple was, so I turned to D-bomb and whispered to her: its what Spongebob lives in! Clearly! And then precisely 2 seconds later the kid turned to the friend and said "Its what Spongebob lives in!" I just looked at him and whispered to D-bomb, "We're gonna be friends." We played freeze tag with them on their graffitied playground and I made a kid do 5 push-ups for cursing at a girl. I taught a girl to play piano because I'm an awesome person like that. (ok, actually it was just because her banging was driving me out of my mind) D-bomb and I hung out afterward and made Popsicle out of pop and ran through my sprinklers. Then we went to the pool and breathed a little. RMTTY: Taylor look alike? Friday I visited with both grandparents but in between the two I went to Birmingham!! I was even wearing the same dress as I wore when we went! Saturday I did nothing. At all. I stayed in my pjs until this morning. I kid you not. But what I DID do was I READ A BOOK!!! *insert applause here* I read a book. The DaVinci Code to be precise. I watched 2 movies also. 21 Jump Street which was HILARIOUSSSSS plus had Channing Tatum in it so it was automatically magical. My mom keeps calling him Channing Tatum-tot and it just ruins everything.  ITS NOT TATUM-TOT MOTHER! Its CHANNING BEAUTIFUL-HUMAN-BEING TATUM. I went kayaking and tubing this morning and am hopefully going to the mall now.
YESSS! I'm back on track. yay productivitiy! Btw, loved your fb message to me. Glad you're having fun!
Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment