Tuesday 14 August 2012

Letter #23

Dear Erica,
It's weird to think that this is my last letter to you. I can't help but feel a little sad writing this, because I know it means the conclusion of our summer. The thing about writing a letter (or typing it in my case) is that I have to accept that I'm not going to get an immediate response or any response at all. I have to come to terms with the fact that perhaps I am writing purely for myself sometimes. In these letters to you, I've laughed, cried, felt hopeful, and totally missed you. This is not the last time we will find ourselves seperated, but in writing to you these past few weeks it has given me new hope that we will ALWAYS be BFFs. I'm so glad you are home now and we can hang out for real and not just write to each other. This summer has brought us many new memories and new friends and I can't wait for our future adventures; together and apart. I'm not sure if I will ever reread these letters and judging by their lengthiness at times, I'm not sure you will read them either. If for any purpose they will serve as a documentation that we exist, and our summer existed, and that our friendship will for ever exist. I will conclude this last letter with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite songs. It's one of those quotes that I want to live my life by, and hope that someday I will find it within myself to fully be able to.
Have no envy. Have no fear.
Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment