Sunday 5 August 2012

Letter #18

Dear Erica,
Just so you know, I got your phone call when you called back. My mom answered it first, then I picked up the phone upstairs to tell her to hang up and it got all messed up. Sooooo yeah. Friday, as you know, I was supposed to hang out with a certain jem named girl, but after an hour of waiting, several texts and calls, she never showed up. Yup, I got stood up. I called our BFF d-bomb and SHE didn't stand me up. We went on a photography adventure and hung out at our favorite spot--on the bleachers. No interesting people there to say hi to. If ya know what I mean. Saturday I was planning on going to shul with d-bomb and our senior friend, but my family didn't wake me up. So at 12 I woke up and mostly just hung out until my mom got back from a different shul and she told me that our favorite bible teacher was having a celebratory event in honor of her wedding which was (omg!) today. Ahhhh she's married. I can't believe it. I have not gotten ready for shul that fast since 6th grade, nor have I RAN there since then. When I finally did get there I was sweaty and panting and felt like I was going to throw up because right before I got news of this I was eating a heavily frosted pink cookie. Add cookie to super heat and also throw in some intense perspiration and heaving, and voila! A perfectly awkward "MISS ****!!!" (I starred her name out so you creepers can't find her. That's right, I'm on to you.) She was really happy to see me there though, because she didn't know anyone except for her family. I also hung out with the fiancé. He's a cool dude. Immediately after embracing said teacher I scrambled to some water and tried not to barf all over the place. I know, how lovely. But I was really happy to see her. We talked about how she was so excited and nervous and anxious about her wedding and how it was causing a twitch. She says hi btw. We went to say hi to my mom and she they were taking so I said hi to a guy we know from Avika and he's a senior now. We were talking and hanging out and Miss **** tried to interrupt but he kept talking so I was like "JOE! Hold on a sec." then she said she was going to talk to some peeps but she would say goodbye before she left. True to her word, before she left she made sure to raise her eyebrows behind Joe in that way that means "ehh? Something going on here?" and I made sure to lower my eyebrows in response in the way that means "oh hellll no" I mostly just hung out the rest of the day. Today my fam embarked on our week journey to the Michigan Shore (hehe SEA what I did there?) RMTTY: f bombs and beds. The house here is really cute. Even though my bed is in the middle of the hallway, literally the middle of the hallway, at least I have my own bed. Everyone else is sharing since my grandparents so graciously offered (insisted) on each taking a queen bed which significantly decreases availability of sleeping spaces. You can imagine (actually you probably cant) how my mom reacted to this. RMTTY: more f-bombs. Anyway, Andrew and I were playing photographer and took some pretty bad pictures. Let's face it, I'm not a photographer. There's this hammock here that I embarrassingly flipped myself over on within the first 2 minutes of getting here. (don't worry, nobody was here yet but me and my aunt leaving me to dwell in a puddle of pure embarrassment and hope that nobody saw. I attended the annual watching the sunset over the lake event and it was remarkably the same as every year. RMTTY: blueberries and boy scouts
Wish me luck surviving my family.
Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment