Sunday 12 August 2012

Letter #22

Dear Erica,
We could not have left at a better time. Last night my uncle fell asleep with the TV on. He was sleeping on the couch in the family room of our house and keep in mind that I resided in a hallway. There were no doors, walls, or separation of any kind between me and that stupid television. At all. It was on the ENTIRE night. That's right, from 10 p.m. until 9 a.m. I was listening to the Olympic, the news, and whatever else was on TV at 3 in the morning. Gahhhh! You know those people who say, "I didn't sleep at all last night" but really they were only awake for like an hour? Well, I wasn't one of those people unfortunatly. There is a particular feeling that you have while you lie in bed contemplating storming down the stairs and smashing the TV, and it feels very similar to insanity.
Welllll at about 6:15 I decided I was up and didn't try to sleep anymore. Instead I made you a short and slightly deranged film about my room and iMessaged it to you. I also took a video of me on the hammock while I waited for my fam to be ready to leave. Typical grandfather moment: we were going to take a family picture in front of the house as we do every single year and after I tried explaining how Justin has a camera with a timer on it so he can be in the picture too, my grandpa completely rejected any possibility of him not taking the picture and proceeded to do so much to my distress. We left the house and went on our way to blueberry picking. When I got there my eyes had the glorifying experiance of landing upon the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. Of course this happened while I was surrounded by my sweaty and screamy family members and to top it off I was rocking a slept-in-braid, and our school tshirt. I must say that my resemblance to an armadillo in that moment was striking. We picked away at those blueberries and then got in the car on the way home. Here is a list of some of the stuff that i spied while driving home:
A splendid cottage 
A lonely farmer 
A wishing well
An antique shop with a metal rooster
A building shaped like an igloo
Geese in a pond
a big wheels bike in a field
A bird feeder on a tall pole
a tree painted on a roof
A GIANT piggy bank
A sassy "oh yeah. We're open" sign 
Windows full of wedding dresses
When we got here I wasted some time on the computer, then showered for 20 minutes. I tried to do this whole face mask and treatment stuff by using natural methods like an egg or a piece of ice. It felt kind of good but the real pleasure was just in having a bathroom to myself for more than 5 seconds. Last night while I was mid-shower a certain cousin of mine came waltzing in and washed up while I stood mortified in the shower (thank God the curtain is opaque)... Not good times. I forgot to tell you (I think) but Rachel has been pretty obsessed with sneakily eating bacon because she knows my grandparents will eat it and she also knows she's not allowed to have it. So a couple of nights ago I was eating some salad and I was going to put bacos on it (I'm assuming you know what those are...) but I saw her there and I gave her some and let her believe that it was real bacon. She felt really sneaky and later thanked me for giving her bacon. Oh geez. ERICA!!! I just beheld online that you are coming home right this minute and here I am, rambling about bacon. OMG! I don't care if it's 2 in the morning but girl you call me ASAP!! I CANT BELIEVE YOURE COMING HOME! I think I'm going to explode or something. K stop reading this, call me. Now.
Love,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment