Saturday 30 June 2012

Letter #4

Dear Erica,
I admit, I've been really bad about writing to you this week. I've been having busy here at camp. So here's the load down on what's been going down this past few days. I think I left off telling you about Tuesday, sooooo Wednesday our music band practicing our songs and rocking out. Dance was practicing our dance to boyfriend by JB and we did lots of praying. Lots and lots of praying. In fact, we do so much praying here it's basically the only thing we do. My roomies and I are currently going insane with bordom. Wednesday, we even LEARNED!!! As a group!!! I basically taught our class even though our councilors were supposed to do that. It was sort of awkward when the councilor would say something that she thought was supposed to be clarifying or summarizing something about the document we were reading, but I clearly saw that she was wrong. When I say I that I taught this class I'm not kidding. Our group clapped for me when I was done and the councilors thanked me for my participation. Truthfully I didn't mind doing it, but I felt like the main councilor (who's job I politely took over) took all the credit when we were finished. Not that I really needed any credit, but it was just kind of annoying when we were supposed to report back what we learned and she said a lot of stuff that I had mentioned in "our discussion" (/my lengthy monologue) and described it as if she had cleverly interpreted it to mean such. It shouldnt bug me, and I really really like that councilor so I won't hold it against her... But still. During elective time which is basically like 2 hours of free time where we can chill out, sometimes we can go to the super market or stuff like that, and some councilors lead groups back here, I went to Deep Thoughts with Dana (not her real name) and Dana is the BEST AND FUNNIEST AND FUNNEST councilor, because she's not actually a councilor (yet. She doesn't have any campers this week plus it's her first year so she literally never knows what's going on. Ever.) That being said, it was hilarious to think that we were going to have deep thoughts with her. It was actually really interesting. First, we discussed an ethical dilemma but then our group got taken over by Jack's current events where we discussed... Well...current events. (duh?) and that was cool too. Even though it started as just me and Ross and the councilors but we eventually got quite a crowd. Our night activity was dogeball which initially I was kind of annoyed about because I can't play sports. I was pretty good though!I got a few people out and even won us the game by catching the last ball. REMIND ME TO TELL YOU:Dinner, fedora, phone Love, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment