Tuesday 26 June 2012

Letter #3

Dear Erica,
I'm having tons of fun here at camp. I'm currently eating slightly frozen noodles with my roomie. We eat dinner really early (elderly people? Or starving teachers? Hehe) so by the time it's like 11, we are all hungry again. Instead of trying to get cereal from the cafeteria or buying food from the vending machine, we decided to hoard food in our room for late night snacking. We have a fridge and everything so we brought lots of food back with us from lunch and dinner (including the noodles....) The fridge, apparently, was on super super cold so it accidently froze our noodles. Awks. I'm in music and dance/yoga for my electives and they are quite awesome. In music I'm in this cutsies band with me, Ross, and 2 other peeps. I sing, Ross plays piano, and the other 2 play guitar and drums. We are actually pretty good. I have to memorize the lyrics to 2 songs that I've never heard before though, which is definetly a challenge. It's sooooo cool, we are going to record our songs on thursday, and perform them live on Friday at a location which I am not going to put on the internet... I'm excited. At first I was kind of annoyed because there was an overwhelming (by 2 votes) desire to play a rock and roll song which,as you may know, is NOT AT ALL my style of music. I sounded pretty awkward at first trying to imitate the band Guns N' Roses singing paradise city, but then I realized that I'm not going to sound like them no matter what, so I should just make the song my own and not care that I don't sound very rock and roll-ish. Today we started another song though, a Paramore song which sounds AMAZZZZING. But enough about music. Dance/ yoga is pretty coolio too. We are dancing hip-hop to Justin Beiber (I know...sigh...) and I might not be that great of a dancer, but it's really fun. The yoga is cool too, except for we do mostly parter stuff which is slightly strange. (I was going to put another set of dot dot dot's but I restrained myself. I think I have overused the ... And the parentheses in this letter but whatever...) Last night for our night activity we had a scavenger hunt around the campus but me and my roomies ended up chilling with the councilors while they told us all the answers. The councilors are so cool (remind me to tell you something...) There I go again with the dots and parentheses. I'm going to have to write you somethings in a rather cryptic manner so Internet people or others that I don't want to know things won't know anything, but this way I won't forget to tell you important/ embarrassing stuff. Tonight we went bowling which was slightly fun, but I'm not a good bowler, plus I would much prefer to do other things. [REMEMBER TO TALK ABOUT: tennis racket, texting scavenger hunt room, bowling shoes, socks and benches) The last thing I have to tell you about more later is our bus driver, she is HILARIOUS and just a lovely person. We all spoke in British accents the whole way back to the campus, and when one of the girls got out to try and lift the gate up so the bus could go through our driver merely laughed and said, "She's one crazy dude!" I loved that she said that. Love, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment